Income Tax Preparation Instructions
Now that FRIENDS Peterborough has reopened, you can bring your tax information to our office during working hours and we will make sure that we have everything we need. If you are not able to come during working hours, please put your Income Tax Information in an envelope and drop it through the mail slot beside our front door. I’ll make sure that we have the information we need and then take the returns to Stephen Donaldson, our tax man. The following information MUST be included or we won’t be able to file your tax return:
- NAME, ADDRESS, PHONE NUMBER
- SOCIAL INSURANCE NUMBER (S.I.N.)
- DATE OF BIRTH
- ALL T4 SLIPS (T 5007 slips if you are on ODSP or OW)
- MARITAL STATUS (Single, Married, Divorced, Separated, Widowed, Common Law)
- NAME & DATE OF BIRTH of any dependents who depend on you for financial assistance
- TOTAL AMOUNT OF RENT paid for the year(s) that you are filing for.
- NAME OF LANDLORD
- PROPERTY TAXES paid if you own your home
- ANY CHARITABLE or MEDICAL RECEIPTS
Stephen will e-File your return electronically. After your return is filed, Stephen will bring a copy back to our office. We are extremely busy, especially during tax season, so we are asking our clients to call our office 2 weeks after dropping off your information or drop in… to pick up your copy. THANK YOU!
THANK YOU! – Stephen Donaldson & David Fisher